THIS IS NOT YOUR AVERAGE WRITING GROUP
We are educators, looking to grow our own writing habit so that we can help our students grow theirs. We know that when we are writers ourselves, there is so much we can learn about teaching writing that we can't learn from a box or book.
The Teach Write Time to Write! Online Writing Workshop is a time to gather together with other teacher-writers from far and wide (we are multinational!) to talk about writing & teaching writing and to WRITE.
When your life gets crazy with teaching, the Time to Write Workshops are a time for you to commit to doing a little writing for yourself and to be a part of a community that supports & encourages you.
Are you a new(er) writer? You won't find any judgment of your writing abilities here -- just support, inspiration & connection. Each of us comes from a variety of writing experiences, backgrounds, and levels. There are no writing experts or comparisons here. We are all growing in our own ways. And if you want to start writing but don't know where to begin, we can help with that too!
What do YOU need? In the Time to Write Workshop, we do our best to help each teacher-writer meet their goals. Whether this is starting a writing habit, finding a critique partner, pushing themself with a challenge, learning more about teaching writing, or possibly even publishing, we want to be a resource and cheerleader for you!
ALL are welcome. Come as you are & we will help you get to where you want to be. We welcome teacher-writers of all grade levels, as well as all writing abilities. (We especially love to help newer writers find their passion for writing!)
Please note: Time to Write is not an instructional workshop. You will not learn how to write. Instead, we offer support, inspiration, and dedicated time to write in each session, as well as a community that will support your growth as a writer and as a teacher-writer.
IF THIS SOUNDS GOOD TO YOU, YOU'RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE
Welcome to the Teach Write Time to Write Workshop!
REAP THE BENEFITS
Participants in the Time to Write Workshop enjoy the following benefits:
* Multiple opportunities to write together each week. Attend as many sessions (or as few) as you'd like.
* Become a part of a writing community that features teachers from all school levels (K through retired) and many countries worldwide
* Receive support & inspiration for your writing and writing instruction
* Join in our monthly writing challenge for Time to Write participants only
* Request feedback on your writing from our feedback volunteers
* Connection to the nicest teacher-writers on earth!
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
Each Time to Write Workshop session includes:
* Time to chat & check-in
* Reports on our goal progress from our previous meeting (Accountability!)
* Support, community & connection with an amazing community of teacher-writers
* WRITING TIME! (Sessions include 45-60 minutes of virtual writing time in which you will work on a writing activity of your own choosing.)
* Celebration of each other's forward movements as writers
* Set writing goals to keep us writing until we meet again
Time to Write Workshop sessions meet:
- Mondays from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET (10:00 - 11:30 am CT)
- Tuesdays from 6:00 - 7:30 pm ET (5:00 - 6:30 pm CT)
- Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:30 pm ET (5:00 - 6:30 pm CT)
- Saturdays from 9:30 - 11:00 am ET (8:30 - 10:00 am CT)
- Wake Up & Write (Quiet, drop-in writing-only sessions to start your day, Tuesday - Friday, 6:00 - 7:30 am ET/5:00 - 6:30 am CT)
Cost: $79/month ($75/month if you choose 'TTW Auto Renew - Subscribe & Save")
No-Risk Guarantee: Try the first class and if you don't find this time beneficial, contact us within 24 hours and we will refund your money.
Questions? Email Jennifer at Jennifer@TeachWrite.org.
Time to Write Workshop
There a multiple workshops each week. Do I have to attend them all?
No. We offer multiple sessions each week to fit a variety of schedules. You are welcome to come to as many -- or as few -- sessions as you'd like each week. Some of our writers come once a week while others come to all sessions. It's completely up to you!
Will I have to share my writing?
No. We do not share our writing in this workshop. However, if you would like feedback on your writing, we do have volunteer feedback partners available each month to help you.
Will you teach me how to write?
Time to Write is not an instructional workshop, but that doesn't mean that new writers aren't welcome. We love to help new writers fall in love with writing and with teaching writing. Just bring you notebook, notice what others are working on, and ask any questions you have. We would be happy to share some suggestions to get you started.
If I choose "TTW Auto Renew - Subscribe & Save," is my subscription cancellable?
Your subscription automatically renews every 30 days. If you'd like to stop attending Time to Write and cancel your subscription, you can cancel your subscription after your first month. Please note that your subscription will run through the end of your subscription period and no refunds are offered on any remaining time left on your subscription so be sure to cancel at least 48 hours before your current subscription ends.
You can cancel your "TTW Auto Renew - Subscribe & Save" subscription at any time.
To cancel, email Jennifer@TeachWrite.org at by the 20th of each month to process your cancellation.
Your membership will run through the end of your paid month.
There are no refunds on any time remaining.
Failure to notify us by the 20th of the month that you wish to cancel may result in your cancellation being processed after the following month.